Paying taxes indicator records the taxes and mandatory contributions that a company must pay or withhold in a given year, as well as the administrative burden of paying taxes and contributions.
The following taxes, duties and contributions are collected provincially:
- Social Security Contributions (SESSI) (12 payments)
- Education Cess (SESSI) (1 payment)
- Property Tax (Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control) (1 payment)
- Vehicle Tax (Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control) (1 payment)
- Stamp duty (Board of Revenue) (1 payment)
Automation of Social Security Contributions
SESSI intends to automate its entire contribution and benefits system through a Contributions and Benefits Portal. Using this portal Contributors will be able to save their time by submitting their payments online using this portal.
- Simplified Procedures
- No more Processing Delays
- No More Department Visits
- SMS & Email Alerts
The Portal will be launched by the end of March 2019.